Parvathy Hospital only employs experienced radiologists and physicians to deliver the best results and an ultrasound.
Diagnostic ultrasound, commonly known as sonography or diagnostic medical sonography, is an imaging technique that produces images of inside body structures using high-frequency sound waves. The images can aid in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases and ailments.
- View the uterus and ovaries during pregnancy and monitor the developing baby's health
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate blood flow
- Guide a needle for biopsy or tumour treatment
- Examine a breast lump
- Check thyroid gland
- Detect genital and prostate problems
- Assess joint inflammation (synovitis)
- Evaluate metabolic bone disease
During certain medical operations, such as biopsies, an ultrasound can also be used to guide surgeons' motions. Ultrasound is used for many reasons, such as: